The Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) invites interested applicants to apply for the Foundation’s Tertiary Education Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
Under the scheme, Nigerian students are granted undergraduate scholarships that shall assist them financially so that indigent and less-fortunate learners can be given an equal chance to go after further educational pursuits.
Quality education cultivates a person’s mind and character while also teaching them the skills they need to thrive in life and contribute to society. The Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) recognizes this link and works to foster a vibrant Nigerian community through significant educational interventions, including the annual offering of undergraduate scholarships to deserving students.
Application deadline: December 31, 2021
Benefits of the AOF Undergraduate Scholarship
Scholarships will be awarded based on strong personal academic background, leadership potential, and a demonstrated desire to use the acquired knowledge to contribute to societal development. Upon completion of their studies, winners should apply their talents and knowledge in improving the lives of others. Over time, the Foundation expects its scholarship beneficiaries to form a strong network of leaders who will individually and collectively contribute to the wellbeing of Abia State in particular and Nigeria in general.
Eligibility Criteria for Nigerian Students
In order to qualify for the opportunity, Nigerian students must first meet the following qualifications:
- Students who are currently in 2nd-year (200 Level) in any government-owned tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- The candidate must have had at least a CGPA of 3.5 – for universities (or its equivalent, for other tertiary institutions) in his/her first academic session (that is, First Year).
- Siblings (that is, children who share the same parents) of current Alex Otti Foundation scholars are not eligible and will not be until their sibling’s current Scholarship runs its full course.
Meanwhile, the following documents are required for application:
- Candidates must submit a statement of result for the first academic session (that is, First Year) signed by the Department/Faculty’s Admin Officer (who rightfully is a representative of the registrar in the department or faculty).
- Candidates must present a letter of recognition by their community/religious group leader or electricity utility bill of the last three months, to prove he/she currently resides in Abia State.
- Candidates must submit a 1200-word essay, broken into three (3) parts telling us: (a) about their nuclear family, situating themselves within it; (b) a time they were part of a community, and their contributions to the community; and (c) what they think about giving back to the society.
- Candidates must provide valid means of identification.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
In case you’re interested to apply, please visit the official scholarship website for further details about the matter.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.