The Deloitte One Young World Climate Change Scholarship offers participants the chance to attend a conference in Japan. Five outstanding young leaders shall be selected to attend the One Young World Summit in Tokyo this coming May 16-19.
Do you have what it takes to be a catalyst for climate change?
Application deadline: December 8, 2021
Benefits of the Deloitte Conference
Deloitte is an industry-leading advisory company that is also committed to addressing climate change both within its organization and beyond. Through their WorldClimate strategy, Deloitte recognizes the need to extend help and knowledge beyond the professional field.
As such, the company seeks to empower the next generation of leaders to take action and help fight against climate change through the One Young World Climate Change Scholarship.
This opportunity is geared towards youth leaders with a passion for mitigating the effects of climate change within their communities, as well as the society. Under this scheme, recipients of the scholarship are entitled to the following:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo
- Travel restrictions permitting
- Hotel accommodation in a private room
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo (economy class)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit)
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy”
The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to:
- Create, scale, or support efforts that reduce carbon emissions.
- Reduce the negative impacts of climate change through technology, activism, community programs, policy, nature-based solutions, or other similar efforts.
- Empower individuals within the community or around the world to take climate action.
- Plan and strategize around reducing climate change-related natural disaster impacts and strengthen resiliency.
On a more specific note, the One Young World Climate Change Scholarship is looking for youth leaders who meet the following requirements:
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address climate and environmental challenges
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
How to Apply for the Conference in Japan
To start the application process, please fill out the personal information section and answer the following questions stated within this online application form. For candidate and delegate inquiries, please contact: [email protected]
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.