The Farm Accra Youth in Agribusiness Program stems from the Ghana Food Movement (GFM) and Green Africa Youth Organization (GAYO)’s intention to provide better agricultural programs for Ghanaian youth. Applications are now open for their 2022 program, so make sure to check out this post if you’re interested to apply!
Application deadline: November 16, 2021
During a full-time curriculum lasting 4-5 months, Ghanaian youth participants of the Farm Accra Youth in Agribusiness Program will receive the following:
1. Gain knowledge about Ghana’s and the world’s food systems, including future farming solutions, entrepreneurship, decolonizing food systems, and sustainable/urban farming.
2. Improve your soft skills, such as critical thinking, teamwork, presentation skills, resume writing, and computer literacy.
3. Go on agribusiness field trips and visit at least 10 different food and agriculture-related firms.
4. Attend lectures and seminars to meet and learn from experts and professionals.
5. Make friends with others that share your interests!
6. Have the opportunity to apply for a paid internship with one of the participating companies for three to four months (GHC 700).
This 5 months pre-employment program is divided into two parts:
The Ghana Food Movement (GFM) and the Green Africa Youth Organization (GAYO) are collaborating to create a unique and innovative program for young people interested in learning more about the food and agribusiness industries.
The program’s goal is to train and link ambitious young people with Ghana’s new generation of food and agribusinesses, while also providing job possibilities for them and other like-minded individuals. In addition, the project aims to motivate young people to perceive the prospects in Ghana’s food system and to facilitate their participation by providing training and good networking opportunities.
If you’re a Ghanaian interested in the opportunity, make sure to meet the following criteria first before applying:
1. 100% motivated and interested in food, agriculture, and sustainability
2. Full-time availability during the entire program and physically joining the program in Osu, Accra 4 times per week.
4. GFM & GAYO welcome graduates in agriculture, food science, environmental studies, geography, sociology, development studies, political science, and related fields.
In order to start your application process for the Farm Accra Youth In Agribusiness Program, please fill out this Google Docs application form.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.