The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), Division for Prosperity, Hiroshima Office has partnered with Sunlight and Absa Bank to launch the Sunlight and Absa Bank Women’s Empowerment Program, an online training program for Kenyan women aimed at developing the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for effective entrepreneurship, business management, and leadership.
Learn more about the opportunity below!
Application deadline: November 15, 2021
Applicants of the UNITAR Women’s Empowerment Program will have an opportunity to participate and engage more meaningfully in society through developing their own initiatives and businesses (social or commercial) that are self-designed and self-led and contribute positively to their own society. The program consists of two online courses:
Furthermore, the following key benefits are outlined within the program:
· Learning the entrepreneurial process of identifying opportunities and mobilizing resources to bring a new enterprise to life,
· Exploring the tools and techniques to create desirable, feasible, viable, and sustainable solutions that solve customer needs and problems,
· Designing a business model appropriate for their enterprise and customer segment(s),
· Developing revenue models to capture value in all its forms and formulate financial projections appropriate for social or commercial enterprises, and
· Applying the types of innovations that lead to competitive advantage and enterprise growth.
Female Kenyan applicants will be chosen through an open call for submissions based on the following specific criteria mentioned below:
In order to start your application process, please head on over to the UNITAR website, where further information can be found on the subject matter.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.