Studying in The Netherlands is a good option for international students looking for experience, diversity, and quality education. Since 2017, the country has become a growing study destination for learners worldwide.
| SEE ALSO: Top Universities in The Netherlands
The University of Twente is just one of many institutions within The Netherlands that offer premier education for all, in addition to scholarship opportunities. Through the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS), international students are given the chance to vie for masters degree scholarships in certain fields of study.
UTS is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a masters program at the University of Twente. Through the opportunity, foreign learners become some of the most promising UT students, in addition to being given exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three honors programs, namely: Research Honors, Design Honors, or Change Leaders.
Application deadline: February 1, 2022
For a year, the price of a UTS offering ranges from € 3,000 to € 22,000. There are approximately 50 scholarships available under the following listed masters degree scholarship programs:
If you’ve applied for a two-year program, please be sure to read the information below concerning two-year study programs.
Take a look at the breakdown of projected living expenses for students at the University of Twente (excluding tuition fees).
Please keep in mind that this grant is intended to cover study-related expenses. The scholarship recipient must determine how to use the funds. There will be no charges (such as tuition fees) paid on your behalf.
To qualify for a UTS, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
• Application for a UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
• You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programs starting in the academic year 2022/2023 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
• You must have a student number.
• You have not graduated from a UT graduate program;
• You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
• You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
• You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
• The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
In the case of a two-year study program, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
You must have obtained:
In order to qualify for a University of Twente masters degree scholarship, international students must first enroll in a masters degree program.
You can apply for the scholarship using your student number once you’ve applied for a masters program and obtained a (conditional) admission letter. The deadline for Round 1 applications, which open on October 15, 2021, is 1 February 2022, and for Round 2 applications, which open on February 1, 2022, the deadline is 1 May 2022.
To begin the application process and for full information on how to apply for this scholarship, go to the University of Twente scholarship website.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.